The Moldovan Prosecutor-General’s Office will analyze the statements made by the deputy head of the pro-Russian party Shor, Marina Tauber, that Chisinau was allegedly preparing military provocations.
A spokeswoman for the Moldovan Prosecutor General’s Office, Violina Moraru, said Tauber’s statement will be checked to see if it violates the law and then the office will announce its decision.
Earlier on Friday, Tauber said the Moldovan authorities, personally President Maia Sandu and Prime Minister Dorin Recean, were planning a military provocation in the Transnistrian region on 17 April, the day after Easter.
She also quoted “international intelligence services” as saying that the Moldovan authorities had sent 10,000 police officers and army uniforms each to Romania last week so that “an international contingent could take part in the military action”.
” Ms. Tauber is trying to cover up the complete failure of the paid protests to those who fund her. State institutions are working to prevent these provocations and keep the situation under control,” commented a Moldovan government spokesman Daniel Voda.
As a reminder, since the beginning of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, rumors about an allegedly prepared military provocation in the so-called “Transnistria” have been spreading in Moldova from time to time.
Back in February, the Russian Defence Ministry spread false information that Ukrainian forces were allegedly planning to stage an armed provocation in Transnistria in the near future. The Moldovan and Ukrainian authorities denied this.
Later, Moldovan Deputy Prime Minister for Reintegration Oleg Serebryan denied statements by Russian propaganda and representatives of the unrecognized “Transnistria” that Chisinau together with Kyiv was preparing a military invasion to the left bank of the Dniester.